Wednesday 25 January 2012

Arlington Road: Re-editing Task

In order to create a successful opening sequence, its important that we familiarise ourselves with the editing equipment (final cut pro), and have a great understanding of how to use it. Taking this into consideration, we had to re-edit the opening sequence of Arlington Road, choosing which scenes we wanted to use and where we wanted to use them.
This allowed us to get creative and show off what we have learnt up to this point. It was entirely up to us to make every decision on it. It helped to develop our judgement of what we think works and doesn't work and allowed time for trial and error.
I thought that this exercise was beneficial because not only did I get a chance to edit a sequence from my own perspective, but i learnt new techniques which I can apply to my own work.

One of the techniques that I learnt was reducing the opacity of a clip, so that it will overlap with another. This is an extremely clever effect that I will definitely be using in my opening sequence.

I also learnt how to add text to the clip. This of course will be essential when creating my credits, so was a very important technique to learn. It is also very simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment